“I’m still second, so I can’t complain. You really have to be focused on what you’re doing and take a good kite size.”
The fight for gold is not quite as clear-cut in the Boy’s fleet; Deury Corniel (DOM) won today’s race, but he’s just five points ahead of Cameron Maramenides (USA) and six ahead of Toni Vodisek (SLO).
“There’s a lot of fierce competition and a high level of kiters, so I’m just trying to stay focused,” Maramenides said.
“It’s a pretty tight race between the three guys for gold and silver – I’ll be going for gold over the next two days.”
Racing continues at 12:00 local time on Friday 12th October. The Boy’s and Girl’s Windsurfing fleets will sail their medal races, while the Mixed Nacra 15 fleet will resume racing after today’s reserve day.
TOP 3 BOYS AFTER 6 ELIMINATIONS (2 DISCARDS)
1. Adeury Corniel (DOM - Upeksha/Ozone) - 4 pts
2. Cameron Maramenides (USA - Upeksha/Ozone) - 9 pts
3. Toni Vodisek (SLO - Upeksha/Ozone) - 10 pts
TOP 3 WOMEN AFTER 6 ELIMINATIONS (2 DISCARDS)
1. Alina Kornelli (GER - Axis/Ozone) - 4 pts
3. Sofia Tomasoni (ITA, Upeksha/Ozone) - 12 pts
3. Nina Font Castells (ESP, North/North) - 13 pts