“Today was an amazing day and the conditions were perfect,” he said.
“I’m really happy to be first place in the rankings, but for me it’s not about winning; it’s about the experience and what I can see with my eyes. It’s wonderful to be here.”
Corniel is two points ahead of Cameron Maramenides (USA) and five points ahead of Christian Tio (PHI).
In the Girl’s fleet, Alina Kornelli (GER) won two out of three races to take the current first-place ranking, leading Ona Romani (ARG) and Sofia Tomasoni (ITA) by three points.
Racing continues at 12:00 local time on Wednesday 10th October, with all three classes scheduled to be on the water.
TOP 3 BOYS AFTER 3 ELIMINATIONS (1 DISCARD)
1. Adeury Corniel (DOM - Upeksha/Ozone) - 2 pts
2. Cameron Maramenides (USA - Upeksha/Ozone) - 4 pts
3. Christian Tio (PHI - Upeksha, Ozone) - 7 pts
TOP 3 WOMEN AFTER 3 ELIMINATIONS (1 DISCARDS)
1. Alina Kornelli (GER - Axis/Ozone) - 2 pts
2. Ona Romani (ARG, Upeksha/Ozone) - 5 pts
3. Sofia Tomasoni (ITA, Upeksha/Ozone) - 5 pts